Age: 11 years
Qualifications: 6th Standard,
Hobbies: Abstract Art, Basket Ball, Cooking, Photography
Works: Around 200 and above Abstract Arts on Canvas by Acrylic Colours created till date.
1. First Solo exhibition of Shorya’s works was held at the Chambers Terrace, Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, 21st Oct’2011
2. www.shoryamahanot.com Shorya’s website is launched during his art show. 21st Oct’2011
3. Hindustan times declared Shorya as India’s youngest child artist. 24th Oct’2011
4. Shorya gets prominent place in Google title “Youngest abstract artist in the world” search results. Since 2012.
5. Blessed by legendry cartoonist Shri R.K. Laxman and has a solo show at his residence. 19thJune’2012 at the same place he had live demonstration of two paintings.
6. The Guardian (London), Sunday Star Times (New Zealand), The Times of India, The Clinic (Chile), CNN IBN etc. declared Shorya as Youngest abstract artist and dubbed him as Child Picasso.
7. Solo show held in Ujjain at Kalidasa Sanskrit Academy Gallery on 25th Oct’2012.
8. In Nov, 2012, Shorya was honored by receiving the POGO Television “Amazing Kid Award” and was featured in a commercial for Turner Broadcasting that highlighted his artistic talents.
9. His first debut show at Art Expo New York (U.S.A.) in March, 2013. Where his paintings were selected to appear their “Best of Artexpo 2013” exhibition.
10. Shorya’s works were included in a special curated exhibition at the Ward-Nasse Gallery, Manhattan, New York, in 2013 and today his works are on display in its permanent gallery.
11. His works where displayed in SPECTRUM Miami FL. (U.S.A.) in 2013. Where one of his paintings was sold in $ 3,000.00
12. His artwork has been carried and displayed at Bougain Villaea Gallery in Udaipur, India, since 2013 where they have sold to date more than 20 paintings for thousands of dollars each.
13. His works where displayed in SPECTRUM New York, NY. (U.S.A.) in Oct 04, 2013.
14. For Autism Speaks, Silent Auction Donation Breakdown, Celebrity Chef Gala, New York, NY, One of Shorya’s painting was auctioned and fetched a cost of $ 2,000.00 for donation on October 21st, 2013 at Cipriani Wall Street, New York City, NY. (U.S.A.)
15. For Autism Speaks, Silent Auction Donation Breakdown, Celebrity Chef Gala, New York, NY, One of Shorya’s painting was auctioned and fetched a cost of $ 1,800.00 for donation on Nov, 2014 at Cipriani Wall Street, New York City, NY. (U.S.A.)
16. He is honored to be selected as a featured artist in the Holtzman Gallery (World’s Largest Fine Art Gallery) at The Claridge in Atlantic City, New Jersey, NJ. (U.S.A.). His last artwork was sold in $ 5,000.00 at Haltzman Gallery.
ONE OF THE WORLD’S TWO YOUNGEST ABSTRACT ARTISTS
Nine-Year-Old Child Prodigy and International Art Sensation
Shorya Mahanot, one of the world’s two youngest abstract artists and painting prodigy, has been receiving recognition and praise since he first began attracting attention from the art world at the age of four when he was commissioned to produce his first solo exhibition at Mumbai’s Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. Since that time he has continued to evolve as a young painter who brings each canvas to life through rich and masterful colour use while employing a technique that can be compared to Jackson Pollock’s “drip painting” or “action painting.” Today he spends hours in his creative process, continuing to evolve the signature style that he infuses into each new piece that he produces entirely on his own. Shorya works in acrylics, and like Pollock, his favorite painter, he spreads his canvas on the floor and begins composing with deliberate strokes in multiple layers while weighing the colour composition and the symmetry between his brushstrokes, dripping and pouring. With the amazing skill of a conductor leading an orchestra, as well as the joyfulness of his youth, a magical world is revealed.
In just a few brief years, the young artist has been recognized and featured in international media throughout Asia, England, Europe and the U.S., with full feature stories in The Guardian, Daily News Analysis – Mumbai, Hindustan Times – Mumbai, and Asian Age – Mumbai. He also garnered the attention of famous artist and cartoonist, R.K. Laxman, who was inspired to create a collaborative exhibition for the young artist. In 2012, Shorya was honored by receiving the POGO Television “Amazing Kid Award” and was featured in a commercial for Turner Broadcasting that highlights his artistic talents. He is also a young philanthropist auctioning some of his works for various children’s charities.
Participating in his first U.S.-based show Artexpo New York 2013. Shorya has been the recipient of much acclaim and interest in his artwork since he debuted at Artexpo New York in 2013. His works were discovered by the director of the Ward-Nasse Gallery in New York, where his paintings were selected to appear their “Best of Artexpo 2013” exhibition.
His artwork has been carried and displayed at Bougain Villaea Gallery in Udaipur, India, since 2013 where they have sold to date more than 20 paintings for thousands of dollars each.
His works where displayed in SPECTRUM Miami FL. (U.S.A.) in 2013. Where one of his paintings was sold in $ 3,000.00
In January 2015 Shorya got excited and honored to be selected as a featured artist in the Holtzman Gallery (World’s Largest Fine Art Gallery) at The Claridge in Atlantic City, New Jersey. For this nine-year-old artist to be displayed in this upscale fine art gallery alongside artists such as John Lennon, Peter Max, Yaacov Agam, Erte, Burt Young, Anthony Quinn and other famous artists is a genuine privilege to Shorya. His last artwork was sold in $ 5,000.00 at Haltzman Gallery.
About Holtzman Gallery at The Claridge
The Holtzman Gallery at The Claridge Atlantic City is an upscale fine art gallery, in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The Holtzman Gallery at The Claridge is dedicated to David Holtzman’s late father, Alex G. Holtzman, a painter and avid collector of fine art and collectibles. Located at Park Place and The Boardwalk in Atlantic City the gallery is an upscale fine art gallery, with original fine art such as sculpture, paintings, limited-edition meseum-quality prints, art glass and metal art. Among many artists exhibited are Yaacov Agam, John Lennon, Nicola Simbari, Peter Max, Francis Mesaros, David Holtzman, Erte, Burt Young. Shorya Mahanot, and Anthony Quinn to name just a few of the famous artists with pieces on display at the gallery.